What is a diamond cut rim restoration?
Restore your diamond cut rims to keep your treasured vehicle looking sophisticated and luxurious.
Diamond cutting, also known as machined-face rims, is an ultra-modern technique for creating a two-colour rim with polished aluminum on the surface and a painted colour on the interior. To achieve this style, the entire rim is painted, and then a thin layer of the rim’s surface is cut, resulting in a polished metal appearance.
Restoration is typically performed on diamond cut rims that have experienced damage from curb rash, corrosion, scratches, and more. Our professional technicians use an innovative wheel refurbishing method to ensure your diamond cut rims look completely new.
How does it work?
Restore your diamond cut rims with confidence, courtesy of our talented team at Leprecon. To ensure flawless results, our skilled mechanics utilize the approach outlined below:
- Remove old layers of paint and lacquer to reveal a clean and smooth surface to begin repairs on the wheel.
- Repair the damage using a variety of specialized procedures to bring your wheel back to its original condition.
- Apply a paint powder coat and cure in the oven to ensure your colour choice is vibrant and long-lasting.
- Cut a thin layer off the surface of the rim using a professional lathe to achieve a sophisticated shiny and metallic appearance.
- Finish with a clear coat and cure in the oven once more for an elegant, high-gloss polish and extra protection.
How much does it cost?
Wheel size, services needed, and overall damage can contribute to varying prices. We want you to understand the total cost of your service before scheduling an appointment, which is we provide an estimated rate upfront – before you even enter our repair shop. Fill out our Instant Quote Form below for pricing specially tailored to your requirements.
Please note: If our technician removes rims and tires from your car on site, there is an extra $15 per rim workshop fee. All prices are listed in Canadian dollars.